For Immediate Release – Dorset, England, U.K. – Shield Sights, Pioneer of compact red dot optics, is pleased to announce the RMSx as the new dedicated competition sight. The RMSx will replace the original RMS as the dedicated competition optic for Shield Sights.
With competitive shooting being at the core of Shield Sights foundation, the RMSx pulls from the experience of two generations of international competitive pistol shooting experience. The RMSx features a larger viewing window with a distinctive housing and parallax free and an all-new hard dip coated (HDC) polymer lens with a 5H hardness rating. The RMSx shares the same Shield footprint that can be found cut into the slide of many popular handguns and matches the entire RMS and SMS line of optics. The RMSx takes advantage of updated LED and electronic technology that produces increased reliability and longer battery life over a wide variety of conditions.
“Shield Sights started over 25 years ago by developing and manufacturing red dot sights specifically for the Competitive shooter. Over the years we have learned the competitive environment presents a completely different set of variables than are commonly found in other applications,” said James White, CEO Shield Sights “We feel the RMSx provides a perfect balance of features that will meet the needs of the most discerning competitive shooters.”
- 80% larger viewing window
- Clear and parallax free HDC polymer lens with 5H hardness rating
- Low Profile lens for an intuitive co-witness to standard height sights
- Available in 8 MOA and 4 MOA dots
- Updated Electronics with faster refresh rate and better battery life
- Lens Width: 34mm, 1.4”
- Base Width: 23mm, 0.9”
- Height: 23mm, 0.9”
- Weight: 19g, 0.67oz without battery
Optics are currently available for sale through the Shield dealer network or on the Shield website:www.shieldpsd.com
Shield Sights was formed in the early 1980’s in Great Britain where it began to pioneer the development of micro red dot sights that are so popular in this modern age. Initially sold under other brand names, you may know the Shield Mini Sight as the Firepoint, Tasco Optima, Trijicon RedDot or JPoint. 30 years of experience has paid off in recent years as Shield Sights has become the only standardized optic cut offered by leading handgun manufacturers and has now become the footprint of choice of many other optic companies.
Want more posts like this one? Subscribe to Guns & Tactics to receive email updates and special offers direct to your inbox!
– The views and opinions expressed on this web site are solely those of the original authors and contributors. These views and opinions do not necessarily represent those of Guns & Tactics, the administrative staff, and/or any/all contributors to this site.
– Affiliate Disclaimer: Guns and Tactics is reader/viewer supported. This post may contain affiliate links and we may earn a small commission when you click on the links at no additional cost to you. As an Amazon Affiliate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Shield Sights Announces the RMSx as the New Dedicated Competition Sight is written by Editor for www.gunsandtactics.com